A party to a court order must abide by that order. If someone is not living by the rules, an action for enforcing the court’s orders may be needed.

Most often, it is violations of party’s child support obligation or custody obligations that lead to an enforcement case. Most times, court orders in these areas are enforceable by contempt of court, meaning you can be put in jail if you are found to be in violation of the clear terms of the court order.

The stakes are high and the penalties are higher. Whether you need help in making the other party comply with a court order or you have been accused of violating a court order yourself, you need to seek competent representation from an attorney familiar with this area of law. Call RGP today to make sure that your rights are protected.