Things change. Your child support order should reflect your changing circumstances. In Texas, you are able to modify an order of child support if there has been a “material and substantial” change in the circumstances of a parent or a child. For a parent, this could include a recent job change, illness, or other unforeseen event in your life. The courts can also modify your child support order if it has been 3 years since the order was put in place and the amount of support under today’s law would be different by $100 or 20%.

If you would like your child support order to be evaluated, call RGP and set up a consultation today.